Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Nick Martinez Q&A Interview

A few days ago our President, Easton Leonard, had the opportunity to do a Q&A Interview with Texas Rangers Pitcher, Nick Martinez! Below are some of the questions and answers from the interview!

1. Q- What has been your favorite part of the offseason?

A- Got married to my high school sweetheart!

2. Q- What is it like being drafted and playing for an MLB Franchise like the Rangers?

A- It is a dream come true, I feel blessed to be able to play the sport I love, and for a great organization!

3. Q- What all do you remember about April 5, 2014, your debut?

A- I remember being anxious to get the game started, but once it started I felt ready and prepared! I had a lot of family and friends there to support me!

4. Q- In your two years in the MLB, what has been your most memorable moment?

A- There are many! Winning our division is hard to forget, but most memorable has tp be making my debut! It is a moment you've worked your whole life to get to!

5. Q- What is it like being teammates with some of the greatest players to ever play the game, like Beltre and Fielder?

A- It is unbelievable! Its impressive to watch those guys and other veterans like Colby, Mitch, and Choo play! I consider myself lucky to have been able to play with them for just one season! There is so much to learn from them about the game!

6. Q- Throughout your career, who is someone that you have always looked up to?

A- Colby Lewis!

7. Q- What are most excited about in 2016?

A- Defending the AL West title and playing even further into October!

8. Q- Is there any reason that you wear the No. 22?

A- I wore it in 2013 in High A, then got lucky the Rangers gave me a great number my rookie year (most rookie pitchers get high numbers), and it became my favorite number!

9. Q- Can you see yourself being a Manger/GM etc....when you retire from the MLB?

A- Haha, dont know! Hopefully that decision comes a lot later in my career!

10. Q- Do you think Opening Day should be a National Holiday?

A- It definitely should be a National Holiday!



Thanks for reading!

                 

         -Easton Leonard


Remember that we have several Beat Writer positions available for several teams, and we are always looking for contributors of every team! Contact us if you are interested and want more information!

We have also started an Everything NBA Inc, Everything NFL Inc, and an Everything NHL Inc! If you would be interested in being the Manager of Everything NBA Inc, please contact us! We are also looking for writers for all of our sites, contact us if your interested!

In the future the Everything Inc Organization will be adding College Sports sites! If you would be interested in running one of those sites or writing for them, please contact us!

If you have any suggestions or feedback for us, please contact us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or comment below!

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment